Wednesday, June 10, 2009

To ALL my new friends, I've never met in person....

The world has changed in more ways than one.
When we were kids, we played outside yet we keep our own indoors.
We used to write (ink and paper and later typewrite) letters and our term reports.
The place of work was a physical location with everyone present.
And if there was a need to meet someone, we would meet that someone face to face and across the table.
I guess I could go on and on.

And then the Internet had arrived.
Today we can work, meet and conduct business without ever leaving the confines of our castles.
My store has no doors, no windows and anyone who comes in cannot touch any of the items on display.
They can look at the pictures, imagine the feeling of the weight and texture and, provided their monitors are properly adjusted, appreciate the color as well.
And when I set the store up, there is no passerby to stop to satisfy her curiosity and offer feedback I may or may not take in consideration.

I guess I felt a bit lonely and contrary to what I‘ve had expected from Internet – disconnected.

Your warm welcome had changed this feeling of being alone in a middle of the ocean with no shore insight.
You have given me the anchor to latch on to and I am grateful for that.
Of cause all we see are our virtual avatars floating in this hyperspace, but now I have a sense that behind those avatars there are people full of life, compassion, inspiration and hope.

Thank You all again

Nenni

1 comment:

Adobe Sol Designs said...

Yes, the internet is a strange cyberspace. It can be as cold as ice, although, it has been my experience to have met some of the most incredible people whom of which I may never have if not for the net!

Keep on creating and ride the wave wherever it takes you!

Fabulous work. Such a pleasure to view.


Rebecca
Adobe Sol Designs